Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Substitute For Ice Cream

Ice cream is a great treat in the summer heat, but some people prefer not to eat it either because of its nutritional status or its side effects on the body.

Recently, I came across an ‘ice cream’ that is completely dairy free and sweetened with Agave (a low-glycemic sweetener, which is easier to digest than sugar). This ice cream is actually made with coconut milk.

I was so interested in this ‘anti-ice cream’ that I had to try it. I bought the coconut sandwich bars that are each 100 calories. When I tasted it, I couldn’t believe how delicious it was. My husband and I both loved them. They don’t taste exactly like ice cream, but they give a whole new taste to ice cream.
What a perfect ice cream substitute for people who are lactose-intolerant, vegan, or just aren’t big ice cream fans.

This dairy free company is called Turtle Mountain. They make other frozen treats with coconut milk besides the sandwich bars. Be sure to give this treat a try and check out their website (by clicking on ‘Turtle Mountain’) to find stores near you that carry their products.

2 comments: